Sunday, March 9, 2014

How the Economy Shapes My Life

               The economy affects me in so many different ways. It not only changes the materialistic aspects of my life, but it also serves as the basis of my standards and mind set. Although most try to stray away from the superficialness money has upon us, there is no escape from it. Footwear, clothing, jewerly, mortgages, school, cars - its essence is everywhere.
              To enjoy conveniency and luxury, unfortunately, one must have the bills to get them. People work like slaves to the economy to achieve what is needed and desired. Although I still do not work yet, I am supposed to appreciate the value of the dollar for it simply does not grow on a tree. On a shopping spree, I purchase on-sale fashion from Forever 21 to avoid hurting my dad's wallet. I somewhat make up my debt to my parents of providing me an education by simply earning satisfying grades. Moreover, the roof I sleep under and the food I eat are all in thanks again to the wages my mother and father earn. By putting myself in their shoes, I can more easily sympathize and understand the struggle to get the cash that is handed down to me. The currency of money relies upon the amount of tedious working hours one must fulfill. Other than having respect and love for the ones who gave me life, I cannot rebel against my parents because their money secures my stability and the necessities by which I live off of. Therefore, the economy has truly shaped and formed my life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment